Jazz in the city

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Celebrating life !!!




Like everyone else, Haiti has been on my mind and in my prayers this last week. I have never been to Haiti but have been to the Dominican Republic several times and fell in love with the beauty of the people and the country. The purpose of this blog post is not to highlight the terrible tragedy that is happening now but I want to illuminate the spirit,pride and energy of the Caribbean people.

These fotos were taken in the Summer of 2009 and capture the essence of the DC Caribbean Festival parade down Georgia Avenue in Washington,DC. There is a huge extended family of Caribbean immigrants in the US and DC in particular and my hope is that Haiti rises as a stronger and better nation and can begin to celebrate life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment